What you will avoid and what your body will start to heal from, when you stop smoking with hypnotherapy:
• HEAD Dull, foul smelling hair, hair loss, loss of hearing, glue-ear, eye irritation, cataracts, blindness, loss of sense of smell.
• BRAIN Reduced supply of oxygen to brain, increased risk of stroke, resulting in paralysis and loss of speech, headaches, nicotine hangovers, mood changes, panic attacks.
• MOUTH AND THROAT Gum disease and tooth loss, tobacco stained teeth, foul smelling breath, diminished sense of taste, plaque and gum disease, sore throat, cancer of lips, tongue, throat, larynx, and oesophagus.
• LUNGS Bronchitis, emphysema, pneumonia, coughs and colds, wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma, tar deposits, damaged cilia, pleurisy, and cancer.
25-a-day smokers are 25 times more likely to die from lung cancer than non-smokers.
83% of lung cancer deaths in England are smoking-related.
83% of death from bronchitis and emphysema in England are smoking-related.
• HEART Narrowed arteries, aortic aneurysm, heart attack, thickened blood, increased pulse rate
Smokers are more than twice as likely to die from coronary heart disease as non-smokers.
44% of deaths from heart disease among people ages under 65 are caused by smoking
Smokers are 2 – 4 times more likely to suffer sudden cardiac arrest than non-smokers.
One in ten deaths by a stroke is associated with smoking
• SKIN Slow-healing skin wounds, premature ageing and wrinkling, reduced oxygen supply to skin resulting in grey, parched appearance, cellulite resulting from excess toxins in body, tobacco stained fingers.
• BONES Osteoporosis. Women smokers are 5 – 10% more likely than non-smokers to suffer from osteoporosis (loss on bony tissue resulting in brittle bones that are liable to fracture) before reaching the menopause.
• CIRCULATION Narrowed and hardened arteries leading to arterosclerosis a nd gangrene, cold hands and feet, cold skin, decreased fitness, weakened bones, osteoporosis, peripheral vascular disease.
Smoking damages the blood vessels in the legs and arms leading to restricted circulation, ulcers, gangrene and even amputation of the limbs.
Over 90% of cases of peripheral vascular disease which lead to amputation of one or both legs are caused by smoking – about 2000 amputations a year in the UK.
• STOMACH Stomach ulcers, cancers of stomach, kidneys, pancreas, bladder.
For more information on cigarettes and smoking:
- Stop Smoking in One Session
- Chemicals in cigarette smoke
- Hypnotherapy and nicotine
- Quit smoking calculator
- Reasons to Quit smoking
- Second hand smoke
- Smoking and cancer
- Smoking and your heart
- Smoking and reproduction
- Smoking and respiratory
- Smoking and babies
- Stop Smoking and Look better
- What’s in a cigarette
- What will happen once you’ve stopped with hypnosis